Job Field Graduate Intern
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Industry Agriculture, Fishing & Forestry
Minimum Qualification Bachelor's Degree
This internship will support the roll-out of critical initiatives of the Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) Global Function related primarily to livelihoods, nutrition and well-being of people in Olam’s workplaces (e.g. factories, farms) and supply chains (e.g. farming communities). The intern will be responsible for supporting project implementation, including collaborating with business units in Asia, Africa and South America to understand and use project implementation tools; carrying out various types of data analyses; supporting field research and assessments; carrying out desk research; and preparing compelling project and research briefs.
- Roll-out of various livelihood and well-being initiatives to priority worksites
- Complete desk research and write briefs that succinctly summarize the content to inform Olam’s sustainability approaches in various settings to improve farmer livelihoods, community health, women’s empowerment, etc.
- Carry out data analysis and develop data insights for projects related to living income/wage, workplace health initiatives, food loss and waste, etc.
- Draft case studies of best practices within Olam and support communications
These projects are not exhaustive and serve as examples of the initial tasks.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and consolidate into databases
- Support the smooth functioning of the department as needed (e.g. preparing notes, reports, case studies, proposals, articles and website content based on data)
- A high degree of initiative, organization and autonomy, given that this internship will be completed remotely
- University degree in economics, agriculture, public health, statistics or other relevant social sciences